Friday, April 24, 2009

Obsticles

Having children has been a big motivator for me. Because I had my son at 15, I stayed in school and got my high school diploma. I don't know if I would of done it with out him. I just remember thinking I didn't ever want him throwing in my face that I didn't finish, and he can't.

College, I wasn't so sure how I was going to pull that off, but I enrolled in my local hometown community college and started there after high school. I decided I would worry about where to transfer for a four year degree when the time came. You know what they say: Where there's a will, There's a way. And when the time came, the community college had hooked up with a university for a university partnership program that allowed me to get my Bachelor of Science in Education right there at my local community college.

Such a blessing. I was so motivated then. I really believed that I was capable of great things. Now, I'm just tired. Tired of struggling just to get ahead a couple of inches, only to be shoved backward several yards. It's seems no matter how hard I try, I never make any real progress. I'm always picking up the pieces of my life and trying to put things back together. The problem is there's always a tiny piece of yourself you can't find, that is lost forever. After a while, those pieces become holes where you start to leak away.

My biggest obsticles have been my own parents, their greed, their selfishness, their constant lies and manipulation. I know now why they couldn't work things out as a couple. They are too damn much alike. Always trying to get over on somebody. Don't expect any favors from them. There's always a price, and it just might be more than you're willing to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment