Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Strange Dreams

I hate nightmares and strange dreams, especially the ones that keep you from going back to sleep. But I had two dreams in a row the other night, the second dream didn't let me go back to sleep. I am arachnophobic and I had a dream that huge tarantulas were crawling out of my pantry. As if tarantulas weren't large enough normally, these were at least twice normal adult tarantula size.
I currently live in a basement apartment and spiders along with other things that have too many legs are an issue. Things with more legs than dogs and cats just don't seem natural to me. But those things are a natural part of life and I know I shouldn't be too freaked out about them. But when a spider bite nearly kills you, I guess that leaves you a bit wary which is an understatement with me.
Now the first dream I had the other night was really strange and I find it odd that it wasn't the one that kept me from going back to sleep. I was eating myself. There were two of me. One of me was lying unconscious or sleeping maybe, possibly dead. The other me was devouring the unconscious me and the other me wasn't a zombie or anything like that. The devouring me looked perfectly normal as did the unconscious me. I don't remember much else from the dream aside from devouring my own jaw.
I wonder what a dream analyst or psychiatrist would say to me about my dreams. I certainly prefer the ones that don't wake me up and keep me awake. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment