Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Little Good News

We finally found an affordable apartment that doesn't make us want to run for our lives. It's still not in the best condition, but it's livable. The old brown carpet is over twenty years old. I remember the style from my teens. They don't even make it any more. And it smells like old dirty baby diapers. Previous tenant had a little one and left behind a beat up pair of tiny little shoes. The windows are aluminum and some of the screens are missing and the ones that are there aren't in the best shape. You can't just push the toilet handle and be on your marry way. You have to stand there and hold it.

After I signed the lease today I sprayed the apartment with spectracide. I saw an earwig in the master bedroom. I hate those things. Their little pinchers are painful.

So I'll be spending the rest of the month hauling ass to get us completely into the new place. It has some sort of weird textured walls that kind of looks like lumpy candle wax. I don't like it but at least there's no linoleum on the wall. The carpet doesn't look like a dead body was dragged acrossed it and it doesn't smell like a dead body. The dirty diaper smell I can deal with. A dead body smell I cannot.

At least I won't be worried we're going to be homeless anymore. With this off my mind, maybe I'll finally find a job. I might be coming off as tense or uptight in interviews. Wish us super-de-dooper good luck and keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment