Thursday, April 16, 2015

4/16/2015

I decided to make my mother something for Mother's Day. She's an impossible to please woman so I'm expecting her to hate it. Plus it came from me and the only things she likes about me are my kids. My daughter picked the yarn color so hopefully she'll at least not bitch about that. But because it came from me, she'll probably never wear it or throw it away. My daughter thinks I'm wasting my time and I should stick to just sending a card. But I haven't crocheted anything in a while and I feel like a little project.
On the weather front here in Utah, it snowed for the last two days. It's the middle of April and we got hit with a cold snap. It had been 72 degrees F the day it started snowing. Then we had a power outage. I used up most of my candles that night so I ran to Walmart to get more. Except Walmart no longer carries emergency candles. I find myself going to Walmart less and less because every time I go in looking for something I need, often something I use regularly, it has been discontinued. The product still exist, Walmart just decided not to sell it any more for what ever reason. I just know they sure didn't consult me before they made their decision.
And I find I have caught a cold, stuffy head, body aches and all. I got up and went to work thinking I work today and tomorrow and I'll have the weekend to rest up and recoop. But I only made it through half the day before needing to bring my sick, tired, achy, sore, exhausted little body home where I promptly passed out on the couch after taking a couple of cold pills.
But I'm drinking tea as I work on my Mother's Day gift for my momster and I'm going to go to bed early and hope I'll make it through the work day okay tomorrow.
God Bless and Warm Wished to Everyone
The start of my mother's gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment