Friday, September 30, 2016

Pain

Pain is a pain in the ass.

I'm usually not a big baby about things, but I don't like to be in pain, physical nor emotional. My emotional pain I often bury under complaints about other things. There really isn't anything I can do about my emotional pain so I do my best to ignore it.

Physical pain on the other hand, not always so hard to ignore. Often impossible to ignore. My right ankle acting up was more than enough to deal with for me physically. Can't visit a doctor for help so I've been getting by with keeping it wrapped and taking an epsom salt bath everyday. That usually allows me to get through a whole night of work.

But I couple of nights ago I hurt my left hand at work. I somehow managed to break a blood vessel in the lower part of my palm while putting away silver carts. It's the first time I've ever had a bruise on my palm before. I have found that like the ankle keeping it wrapped limits how much it hurts, or at least keeps it from throbbing. But I'm waking up with the fingers of my left very stiff and sore which I find perplexing because I didn't hurt them. But a little flexing seems to dissipate that pain quickly.

Pain is a pain in the ass and I hate to be in pain of any kind, but sometimes you just have to deal with it as best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment