Friday, March 28, 2014

I am Not at Fault for My Discharge From Work

Deep breath... Coming out of panic mode from losing my job. Going from: OMG! I was fired & I'll be homeless in 2 months! to: Calming down and able to make a plan phase. Going to: Alright, I lost my job. But I have a lot of skills, I'll find another job. I hated it there anyway and it's really their loss.

I think it helps that I got a letter from Utah Department of Workforce Services yesterday. It made me feel so much better. The first line of the paragraph reads: "Based upon information presented to this Department, it is determined that you were not at fault in your discharge from work." Bam!

That letter lifted a huge weight from my shoulders. I should probably be showing it to an attorney. It doesn't get me my job back, and I don't want it back anyway. I was having a lot of problems with insomnia for a couple of years, but the past few nights I've been sleeping through the night. It's amazing.

Now I have an official letter from a government source that basically states I was wrongly fired and that I can take with me to job interviews. I just need to get someone to interview me. No one seems to want to grant an interview to someone that was fired. Got to figure out how to put a positive spin on it my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment