Monday, March 31, 2014

My Therapy

For me writing is a form of therapy. Sometimes it's just a way to vent and get things off my chest without yelling or fussing at anyone. But mostly it's how I escape this world. I can go where ever I want to go. Be whoever I want to be. It's all up to me.

I just finished typing up a short story I call Crotchety. But it's still a little too long for posting on here, but it feels good to know it's finally typed up. I need that dragon program where you speak to the computer and it types for you. When I write, I write by hand with an actual paper and pencil in cursive. Imagine that. But once I've finished writing a story, it needs to be typed up. Between the writing of the story and the typing it up it's not a fast process, but it is a satisfying process.

But Crotchety is typed up. It's part of a set of related short stories I have that go together. It takes place in the future as do all the other short stories that go with it. I guess if I ever get them published as a book I would like to call it White Cities and Small Villages. I think Peony's posted on here some where. I felt she was short enough to be posted. A word of caution though, Peony doesn't have the happiest of endings. My daughter, Cherokee, finds stories with sad endings infuriating. But not everyone's story has a happy ending. Just because one's story doesn't end happily doesn't mean it shouldn't be told. Sometimes the sad ones need to be told the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment