Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Job Hunting

I hate this part. I hate job hunting and looking for a job. Getting the Resume up to date and in order isn't that big of a deal. But you also need to make sure your references are in order which for me also means contacting people I haven't talked to in a while because I've been busy surviving. And I'm not one of those Misery Loves Company type of people. The more miserable I am, the more withdrawn I become. Not that I've ever been a social butterfly.
Job hunting just makes me feel like I'm begging. Oh, please, sir, give me a job. The fact that I am honest and hard working doesn't seem to matter. The last time I lost a job, I was laid off and it took me 2 years to find that stinking job at Convergys that I hated, but still did my best at it and got fired after nearly 3 years of being a dedicated employee. Hard work and dedication don't seem to mean squat if you're not part of the right clique and can't make quota because you're honest and you tell customers what they need to know.
I don't know what the purpose of being honest and hard working is. It's certainly not appreciated. The rewards go to all the people who are good at Baffling People with Bullshit. I wonder if that works with God. Maybe after I'm dead I'll finally get that pat on the back I've been waiting for my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment