Friday, April 11, 2014

Back In Utah Safe and Sound

Cherokee will be so surprised when she gets home. I didn't think I would make it home until late this evening. But I actually beat her home from school. She was so happy when I told her last night that I expected to be home by tonight. She said it's been lonely here all week without me. Apparently her cat Echo just isn't as good a conversationalist as me.

But Echo seems happy to see me. He's rolling over on the floor, showing me his belly and posing for me. You know if he was a cute guy I would rub his belly. But since he's just a cat and I'm not a cat person, he's showing off for me for nothing.

I guess Monday I'll go down to a trailer park in Clearfield that I know does pretty cheap rentals and see what they have available. It's right on a main bus route which Cherokee will like. But there's not going to be a pool like here or anything like that. It's not going to be fancy in any way. But we'll continue to have a roof over our heads and that's what's important.

Where's your Prince Charming on a white horse to save the day when you need him? Heck if he pulled up in a beat up Pinto that would be good enough.

I guess I'll stretch out here on my couch and take a nap. Someone tried to open my driver's door while I was sleeping at a Petro truck stop at 4:45am and I really didn't sleep after that. I had the Exploder running because it got bitterly cold last night. I think they thought I left it running and went inside because no one was in the front seat because I was sleeping in the back. And I would have been hard to see back there because I had some clothes hanging up over the back windows for extra privacy. And I was so cocooned up, I probably just looked like a big pile of blankets in the dark.

I'm glad to be back. I missed my girl. And I even missed Echo a little too. Maybe next year after they've had more time to recover from that flood last Sept, we can try again. I just know at the moment I'm just relieved I'm not one of the people I saw sleeping on the streets of down town Denver. They seem to have a pretty bad homeless problem. And now that I've calmed down and I'm not in panic mode from losing my job, I know we'll be alright.

Keep us in your prayers and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment