Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Crazy Idiot

I am currently sitting in my apartment at Orchard Cove in Roy looking like a crazy nut job and my loving daughter has declared me an idiot.

I have a job interview tomorrow that I am very anxious about because I really want the job. But having lost my job with Convergys, all we have coming in is Cherokee's SSI and my unemployment for now. Which means there's no extra money for me to go blow on my hair and a facial to help take the edge off my nervousness because I want to look my best on top of exude confidence and competence.

I know I can do the job, but they don't know that yet. And if there's some aspect of the job I don't know how to do, I can learn it as long as it doesn't involve me trying to sell stuff to people they don't want and can't afford.

So I decided to give myself a hot oil treatment. Except I didn't go out and by any special product for that. I have extra virgin olive oil in the kitchen. I warmed some of that up in the microwave, applied it to my hair and covered it with a cheap silver conditioning cap. Cherokee came into the kitchen as I was putting the warm oil on my hair. She said it's food and therefore should not be put on one's hair and thus dubbed me an idiot.

I tried to explain it's oil and it will work just as well as any of those little expensive tubes that say hot oil treatment, but she didn't believe me so I'm still an idiot.

So I'm sitting here with extra virgin olive oil in my hair, covered by a silver conditioning cap that looks as if I'm trying to keep space aliens from reading my mind. Plus, I have a pore strip across my nose. If aliens did suddenly appear in my living room, they would probably be frighten into never returning to Earth. Good thing I don't have a boyfriend because I am so not sexy right now, just crazy looking.

Wish me luck on my interview and keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment