Friday, April 4, 2014

Love Being A Parent

If you're not a parent, you don't know what you're missing. And if you're one of those people that never wants children, I feel sorry for you.

I love being a mom. I love my children so much. They bring me so much joy and their not even trying. They're just being themselves with all their imperfections and idiosyncrasies.

Today for example. I had to take Cherokee back to the doctor's office. She rarely catches a cold, but right now she has a whopper of a cold. And since she's so rarely sick, she's being a big baby about it.

So when we left the doctor's today, she had a prescription we needed to stop off and get on the way home. Nothing out of the ordinary there. But of course, we have to wait a half hour for the prescription to be ready. Thus, we had a half hour to walk around the CVS and explore.

Cherokee being Cherokee naturally ends up in the isle with all the cookies and stuff. And I'm like no, because the last thing either of our big butts needs is another cookie. But she had some money with her and decided to buy the box of cookies she wanted herself, fine.

The prescription is finally ready and we can finally check out. We're at the check out counter up front and Cherokee is having trouble getting into her purse. She walks in place in a circle as she's trying to get into her purse like a dog chasing it's butt.

I was dying and Cherokee is totally oblivious. She has no idea why I'm laughing my butt off.  I don't know how anyone can think there is more fun to be had out there at the bottom of a tequila bottle than there is having your own family and just watching the silly things they do sometimes. I love being a parent and their uninvolved fathers are missing all the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment