Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Brain Drain

I think I know why some people never relocated and stay right where they were born and raised. Trying to relocate is a booger. I'm not doing that badly at finding my way around. But finding an affordable rental is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I don't need a lot of fanciness. I'm not really expecting anything fancy at all. I just need two bedrooms and let my disabled daughter keep her dang cat. Yet I can't seem to find anything affordable. Same problem in Utah, but it's different when you're working full-time. I haven't officially been hired by Home Depot yet and when I start, I'll only be part-time to begin with. So I need something reasonable, around $500mo so we can eat too.

Dang, I so need to learn to absorb nutrients out of the air so I won't need to buy food.

I don't know how anyone can afford a place that's $1200-$1500mo, and I'm house hunting outside the city limits. My brain is on fire. But for the most part, most people have been very friendly here and most have tried to be helpful. But right now I am so discouraged.

On the brighter side, I slept in a WalMart parking lot last night. Before I bedded down for the night in the back of the Exploder, I went in and bought a couple of extra blanket and I slept very well last night. Didn't have to get up to start the Exploder for heat once. I need to find a truck stop tonight so I can get a shower.

Things you want to have with you when you're living out of your vehicle: Disinfecting/anti-bacterial wipes, toilet paper (sometimes a rest area is out), and of course you want to have things like deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, clean underwear. And you want to be friendly and outgoing. Keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment