Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Frustrated

I understand that there have to be rules and regulations. I get that. But when those rules and regulations get in the way of helping someone, there's a problem. I was informed yesterday that a subsidized apartment complex was taking applications for their waiting list. That I could go into their office today, fill out an application and we would be put on their list. What they didn't tell me was all adult household members needed to be present when applying.

My daughter Cherokee is at home in our apartment in Roy. Her last day of school is May 30th which also happens to be when our lease is up. But I didn't see any reason to drag her around with me and have her stuck sleeping in the back of the Exploder with me while I job and apartment hunt in Colorado.

So I was there first thing this morning when they opened there office. I stood in line for an hour to get the application. I filled it out and stood in line for two more hours to turn it back in. I missed a job interview to accomplish this. I finally was at the front handing in my paper work and they refused to take the application because Cherokee isn't with me and it's not like I can just run to the other side of town and grab her. Apparently the federal regulations for this type of HUD housing project requires all adult household members to be physically present when the application is turned in.

I'm so frustrated. I have copies of both our IDs and Social Security Card. I even brought Cherokee's birth certificate with me. I had everything they asked for accept Cherokee there in person. I'm so frustrated. They wouldn't accept our application. I wasted over 4 hours. I was there for over 4 hours to turn in that application and they wouldn't take it.

They need to rethink some of these rules and regulations. The rules and regulations shouldn't keep people from getting the help they need, when they need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment